Management Accountant - Southampton
We require a Management Accountant, based in Southampton, to join the finance team at a fast-growing PE backed start up, reporting directly to the group Finance Manager.
The role will be split between the group’s collection firm, Azzurro Law, and the management of debt portfolios, Azzurro Associates Limited.
Azzurro Law is expected to gain SRA approval in early 2020 and this role, along with the Head of Finance, will be responsible for managing all aspects of the entities finances.
In addition, the role is designed to improve and enhance the existing monthly management account and board reporting for both Azzurro Law and Azzurro Associates and overseas subsidiaries, working with the Trainee Management Accountant.
Responsibilities will include
- Responsible for maintaining the control environment within Azzurro Law
- Developing and implementing processes
- Assist Head of Finance with SOS Legal implementation
- Managing client account reconciliations
- Posting of cash receipts
- Monthly reconciliations of control accounts
- Monthly reporting to the monthly Management team meeting
- Ad Hoc reporting to COO
- Liaising with Group’s auditors
- A degree at 2:1 standard or higher - relevant degree preferred
- Strong exam success
- Previous experience within an SRA regulated environment preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- High attention to detail
- Deadline driven
- Willing to take on new challenges
- Appreciates the demands of working within a rapidly growing business
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Able to work autonomously
We are seeking team members to join our fast-growing start-up Investment Company who are looking to develop their analytical skills.